Welcome to our family! We are here to make your journey into publishing as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
When you work with MyeBook you become part of our family, we have many authors who stay with us throughout their writing careers because we love our authors and it shows. We not only help you publish your book to print and ebook – we help promote you as well.
HOW ARE WE AWESOME?
- Once you are published we automatically add you to our website under our authors and books section with links to purchase your book.
- We post your profile and book to our facebook page to share the love (remember to like us).
- We help you market your book through our reviews and author platform and marketing services.
- We write a review for you on Goodreads to help get you started (after all we’ve read your book).
And now for some admin….. what we need from you:
1: BE PREPARED
- Are you just looking for a rough idea of pricing?
Have a look through our services or pricing guide to make sure you are prepared for the self-publishing process.
- As each book is unique we will need to see your manuscript for an accurate quote.
- Please treat communication with us in a professional manner otherwise you risk not being taken seriously (we don’t like communicating through whatsapp, email or phone calls are preferred).
- Avoid making commonly-made mistakes make when self-publishing your manuscript.
- We only help serious authors who understand that we provide a professional service. These authors respect our time and do not bombard us with calls outside of working hours, expecting freebies. Help us help you (yes we said it).
- We need your manuscript typed out in a word-processor such as MS Word or Indesign. We cannot help authors who have manuscripts written by hand.
- We prefer working online which means no face-to-face meetings until we have received your manuscript and have had a chance to respond. We are always open to have a video chat over Skype.
- We will never tell you that you are not good enough and help you publish regardless if you are a first-time author or an award winning one. Don’t ask us if your work is good enough – if your manuscript needs a polish we will recommend you let us help you with editing. Here are some tips on reducing that the cost of editing.
2: HOW TO SUBMIT
Once you feel comfortable that you are ready to begin the publishing process here is what to do:
- Submit your information to us via our contact us page or by filling out our online quote form
NB: By submitting your initial contact via our contact page you are automatically logged into our CRM system. This means we have your vital contact info and will not lose track of you. We prefer this route as it helps us give better service to the many authors who need our help.
- Have your manuscript ready in the right format
We prefer your manuscript to be sent in MS Word, Adobe InDesign or PDF (PDF only if you don’t have the first two formats). Authors who are using older software like Quark Express will need to export the manuscript into a common format such as PDF for us to work with. Please note that although we can make eBooks from a PDF manuscript this takes us longer and will attract a surcharge.
- Changes and updates to your manuscript
Once we have started working on your manuscript stopping to cater for spelling or other related updates from the author is not easy. To save time (and money) carry out the simple spelling and grammar checks before sending us the manuscript.
If you have deadlines to meet, let us know ahead of time. That said many of the professional services we offer takes time, we cannot rush and guarantee quality at the same time.